Reviewing Las Vegas shows as I see them. I am not employed or paid by anyone to see them, or review them. Its just my opinion, love it or hate it.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Steel Panther @ Mandalay Bay & Green Valley Ranch


Steel Panther, an 80's hair band, plays every Friday at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay and Green Valley Ranch on Saturdays (which last I checked, that show is free for locals). This isn't your typical cover band by any means. And DEFINITELY not for young children or anyone who is a self proclaimed prude. Just saying, if you don't enjoy crude humor, don't go see Steel Panther. I on the other hand, laugh my butt off every time I go.
Yes, I have seen Steel Panther multiple times. It never gets old, they are actually amazing musicians on top of being hilarious. The band consists of (from left to right) Lexxi Foxx on bass, Satchel on  lead guitar, Michael Starr as the lead vocal and Stix Zadinia (yes read that one out loud) on drums. The hair is long, the tattoos are everywhere, and the spandex must be painted on its so tight. Some of their hit song titles consist of Balls Out, 17 Girls In a Row, and Sexy Santa. Did I mention they have crude humor? The show is completely interactive, they interact with the audience members throughout the show, often bringing people on stage. The band members each have their own personalities that really make the show hilarious. Lexxi Foxx I think is the show though. He spends the majority of the show primping, whether its playing with his hair or reapplying his lip gloss.
Steel Panther is a must see. Be prepared to be shocked, laugh till you pee and rock and roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment