Reviewing Las Vegas shows as I see them. I am not employed or paid by anyone to see them, or review them. Its just my opinion, love it or hate it.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Believe @ Luxor


Sigh. I hate to say it, but this show doesn't deserve to be a Cirque du Soleil show. Ok, ok, let me rephrase that to be fair. Cirque du Soleil shouldn't have to claim Believe as one of theirs. That is more accurate. Let me back up a few steps. Criss Angel's Believe Cirque du Soleil show is at Luxor in Las Vegas. I had heard prior to going to the show that it just doesn't hold a candle to any other Cirque show in town. Let me be honest, I had heard that people walked right out of the theater mid show.
As someone that absolutely LOVES dance, the fact that Wade Robson was the choreographer was all I needed to hear to get me on board for seeing Believe. I could write an entire post on how fantastic Wade is and what an amazing artist he is. That being said, I had to go at least once to see his work. As I walked out of the theater (at the end of the show) I can honestly breathe a sigh of relief that Wade did not disappoint. However, for the average person wanting to see a Cirque du Soleil show, they have no clue who Wade Robson is. Nor do they care. They want to be wowed with everything that is Cirque. That doesn't happen in this show. Not only does it not wow, it shows you 80% of Criss's tricks secrets. I don't feel that my seat gave me any different angle than any other seat in the house so to say that I saw every wire, trap door and ramp he used means that just about every other person in that audience did too. Nothing is more disappointing than seeing up a Magicians sleeve so to speak. Would I see this show again? Probably, because I absolutely love Mr. Robson's work. Would I tell people who are looking for a Cirque du Soleil show to see it? Uh, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment